By Renate Holub
Antonio Gramsci is uncommon via its diversity of philosophical seize, its intensity of specialised ancient scholarship, and its willing feel of Gramsci's place as a very important determine within the politics of up to date cultural theory.
Read or Download Antonio Gramsci: Beyond Marxism and Postmodernism (Critics of the Twentieth Century) PDF
Similar ideologies books
Studying the paintings of 1 of the main influential thinkers of the 20 th century, The Reluctant Modernism of Hannah Arendt rereads Arendt's political philosophy in gentle of newly received insights into the historico-cultural historical past of her paintings. Arguing opposed to the normal interpretation of Hannah Arendt as an anti-modernist lover of the Greek polis, writer Seyla Benhabib contends that Arendt's inspiration emerges out of a double legacy: German Existenz philosophy, rather the concept of Martin Heidegger, and her reports as a German-Jewess within the age of totalitarianism.
Makes an attempt through humans to enact their political opinions of their day-by-day lives became regular in modern US tradition, in spheres starting from buying behavior to romantic attachments. This groundbreaking e-book examines how collective social routine have cultivated person practices of "lifestyle politics" as a part of their options of resistance, and the tensions they need to navigate in doing so.
Parliamentary questions are a function of just about all nationwide legislatures. regardless of this, we all know little or no approximately how questions are utilized by MPs and what impression questions have on controlling the govt.. This quantity advances our theoretical and empirical wisdom of using wondering in a few assorted parliamentary settings.
The Origins of the ultimate resolution is the main precise, cautious, and entire research thus far of the descent of the Nazi persecution of the Jews into mass homicide: the Holocaust. Arguing that genocide was once now not a preconceived plan yet quite a chanced on chance, Christopher Browning explains how Hitler's determination to homicide the Jews en masse emerged in phases and by way of a means of removal that delicately foreclosed plans for his or her expulsion from Europe.
- Public Opinion: Democratic Ideals, Democratic Practice
- Ernst Troeltsch and Liberal Theology: Religion and Cultural Synthesis in Wilhelmine Germany (Christian Theology in Context)
- Marxism (RLE Marxism): An Historical and Critical Study: Volume 19 (Routledge Library Editions: Marxism)
- The Primacy of Politics: Social Democracy and the Making of Europe's Twentieth Century
- Die Entwicklung des politischen Systems Nordkoreas. Mit Chuch'e und Kim-ismus zum idealen totalitären Staat (German Edition)
- Youth Civic Engagement in a Globalized World: Citizenship Education in Comparative Perspective (Palgrave Studies in Global Citizenship Education and Democracy)
Extra info for Antonio Gramsci: Beyond Marxism and Postmodernism (Critics of the Twentieth Century)
Antonio Gramsci: Beyond Marxism and Postmodernism (Critics of the Twentieth Century) by Renate Holub